Monday, June 10, 2013

American Life

The time spent in the US it is been amazing and unique for each student. First of all, I want to thank the World Link team for doing such an extraordinary job to make our experience to as bright and memorable as it can be.
My lifestyle changes a lot while I am living in here. For six months already, I adapted to the American life and I feel that I belong here like I didn’t even leave America. It is a unique opportunity that I got and I thank God every day for this incredible year. It is like a sweet dream: I want to dream forever and I don’t want to wake up from it but unfortunately I will wake up one moment being at home, in my country. During this time, a lot of events and things happened and passed. I never believed that in a year I could change that much. Now I do. I gained experience, the most powerful and strong quality that I can have. I see now the world through new sun glasses. They are different. Now I can see and do more. I can make a difference between the two amazingly different ways of living. I heard some inspirational words one time and I remembered them forever: “You can see things happening, or you can make things happening”. This is my mission now. I want to make things happening, I want to change things, and I want to bring smiles on people’s faces. When you see smiles for the actions you’ve made, that’s the biggest and the highest reward that you can get in your life.
During my time spent here I observed that the community services such as volunteering play a huge role in education and for the social welfare, so I dedicated a lot of time for volunteering. I love to do community service. I like to help people because people are the society and when the society is happy, every individual is happy. I volunteered for many groups and even for my school. Somebody can say that it is boring and hard. I say that it is worth it and its fun. I got to socialize with other members of the society and had the chance to know their stories and experience. Volunteering is an activity that impressed me a lot in the way how people can work together to help other like a big family. It is one thing that I want to do and develop in my society back home. Just imagine how wonderful and great would be the life if everyone would help each other! I want to do some big volunteer work when I go back home through different projects for the school and society. I want the people to know that together, through hard work and passion, we can change the world and make it a heaven. I want to organize a campaign where with the support of the administrative officials of the town and with the help of the youth from the local schools to show and promote to the society that the next generations of youth have strong ideas for the future.
I bring back from the USA the experience and the stories to tell that are true and nothing but true. I will try to convince the youth through discussions about the impressions of the US lifestyle, about this great journey, maybe even quest for some of us, that if they try hard enough to achieve something, they would get it. I want to bring moral support to them. The key words are effort and hope. If they have hope in the goal that they want to pursue to and they make sure that they did everything that is possible to succeed, then youth may succeed in this big world and make each one a name. It is very important for me to bring to their mind that it is worth it to put everything in what they do, even daily, because that what is missing: a strong moral support and guidance. I think that the next generations of youth have a bright future but sometimes they have to follow some life examples and to learn a life lessons from them. I can tell from my experience. I was told I won’t succeed to be a finalist of the FLEX program. I was told, the challenge is too big to reach the success but I never ever gave up. I knew what I want. I knew that my hard work would be rewarded. It would be a huge honor and pride to be an alumnus of this program, I am going for it.
During my stay in the US, I met a diversity of religions and races. I was amazed how diverse and unique are them. I had the opportunity to meet people from around the world like China, Indonesia, and Mexico and so on. We shared stories about our countries, we still do. I learnt a lot of things that I didn’t know before. Regardless of the race or religion, we should respect them as the ambassadors of their religion or race, how we, the exchange students are as well. The USA confronts the problem of bullying the people because of their race or practicing their religions. It is just not right. It doesn’t matter any of them, the only things that matter is what you think, what you feel and what you do. The USA hosts a huge diversity of all kinds. We do not have it in my country that much, but I want to. It is a privilege for me to see and to interact with those subjects because we find who we are, what we stand for, what is out attitude towards the life itself.
I have a dream that one day the planet would breathe free from the misunderstandings and conflicts and the people all around the world would understand the meaning of their lives. That’s how we, the people, would build a perfect society. I know the road to it is rough and hard, but it is worth it. Each individual is worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment